TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Exciting times...but also consider...
People Seeking Info

Subject Exciting times...but also consider...

Posted by Graphx007 on December 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM
  This message has been viewed 226 times.

In Reply To Finally my TT is in the paint shop. posted by Schmeal (NV) on December 12, 2016 at 06:27 PM

Message I know you have been waiting a long time for this moment and the excitement is high. A few words of consideration:
The windshield washer nozzels MUST to be removed. I would be cautious about any workmanship that doesn't take the time to use a simple philips head screw driver and 10mm socket to remove the fascia lights. It would add an additional .3 hours to the bill but worth every second. Also as it sits you will have massive over spray in your engine bay and intercooler area without having the backsides masked off. The door handles MUST be removed. The handles have plastic gaskets that can't be painted. And the spot primered areas will need to be feathered a bit more otherwise the paint will look good at first but later each one of those areas that have been spot primered will show.

I know your not going for snow quality however these are basic areas of concern for ANY paint quality level.

Best of luck.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.